Activity Report: February 2019
- Published Shadowcloaks.
- Built book stands in my garage.
- Presented at Life, the Universe, & Everything 37 (LTUE 37).
- Planned and drafted my first middle grade novel.
Highlights from Life, The Universe, & Everything 37:
- Driving my niece to school in the traditional rental car. (We’ll spare her the selfie for anonymity reasons, but let’s just say February 14th and me get along when it comes to car rentals.)
- Hanging with Laura Palmer and juggling with Howard Tayler at LTUE’s mass book signing. Unfortunately, we forgot our cameras. All photographs are event-posthumous. (There’s probably a better way to describe that . . . )
- Learning from Allison Hymas that “acquisitioners” might be called “retrieval specialists” in the modern middle school.
- Being assigned panels with some very talented writers.
- Receiving an epic 1-on-1 historic weapon tutorial with Gordon Frye and his wife.
- Talking with Kelly Barnhill about space camp, Launch Pad, and fortuitous meetings.
- Scoring a heely goal in a late-night, post-conference futsal game at SportCityUtah.
- Seeing the opening scene from Shadowcloaks repeated on the Wasatch front.
- Spreading grins and good cheer with Coco, the Emotional Support Queen Palm among the passengers of Delta Flights 3922. I have more seedlings in my back yard if you need one. . .
It’s been a busy month. Thanks for your support.