Activity Report: September 2018
- Finished Draft 3 of Shadowcloaks. Sent manuscript to alpha readers. Continued art direction.
- Attended the Writing Excuses Retreat as both vacation and professional development: seven days of writing, networking, and not doing dishes.
- Worked on PlagueRunners, subconsciously. 😉
- Did important parenting and day-job stuff.
Highlights from the Writing Excuses Retreat:
- Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.
- Eating dinner with Dongwon Song of Howard Morhaim Literary Agency. Learning about what it means to “publish well.”
- Talking system design with Clark Rowenson.
- Making a joke at Howard Tayler’s humor lecture and watching him laugh and then effortlessly demonstrate what it means to “double-down.”
- Discussing the benefits of foreign travel with Michael Underwood and the twists and turns of life and writing with Krista Jensen.
- Watching Cooper Barham and Dan Wells argue about whose habitat gets Bobo the gorilla. (Fiasco is my new favorite game.)
- Seeing my son write 3,168 words in a single day.
It’s been a busy month. Thanks for your support. Bonus points for anyone who can guess which class circled below I didn’t attend:
3 thoughts on “Activity Report: September 2018 ”
Using the process of elimination, I’d say you missed Piper Drake’s.
I really enjoyed talking with you at LTUE.
It was either that or Group Cake, but group mini-session seemed less likely to be missed– though less healthy. (Probably missing a play on words or nod to something there.)
Haha. I did get to have a conversation with Piper at dinner one night. . .